Yet another new(ish) restaurant-on-the-block, Burger and Lobster has quickly gained popularity, mostly through word of mouth.
I’m not a fan of lobster but do love a well-made and tasty burger, so jumped at the chance to be taken there.
Having tried-and-failed to eat there before on a busy Friday night and being told there was a 2-hour wait (you can’t book ahead) I made sure this time, I’d get there early to put our names on the waiting list. I got there at 6.30 on a Wednesday and there was still an hour wait, so we put our name down and waited with a drink (it’s a quicker wait if you choose to eat at the bar).
We decided to go for their combo meal for £30 each which consisted of a burger, salad, half a lobster and desert. It certainly looked impressive when it came out and quickly.
Unfortunately it didn’t live up to the hype for me personally. I thought I’d just create a pros and cons list below for ease:
- Great service
- Nice enough atmosphere
- Food was nicely presented
- They don’t put a time on your stay (I hate those 2-hour windows some give you to finish)
- Long waiting list
- Burger was a bit bland (I’ve had better in a pub – Brixton’s Grand Union does an amazing mushroom and emmental topped beef burger)
- Lobster was a bit over-cooked
- Desert was in a plastic pot á la school packed lunch
It’s hard to be too mean about this place, as I did enjoy the overall experience, it’s just a shame the food was such a let down. Sounds like I was just unlucky though as other friends liked the food.
So maybe see for yourself and let me know what you think!