Friday 31st August: Do you feel like you’ve had enough of propping up those standard bars and pubs? Ever felt like you’d like to build a make-shift home in the wine aisle of your local Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s or Waitrose? Your prayers have been answered!
I give to you the Whole Foods – Kensington wine tasting extravaganza! Here you can taste up to 25 wines by following these easy steps:
- Register your details at the wine bar to obtain your very own Wine Card.
- Add a monetary amount of your choice.
- Go to machines.
- Pick up wine glass.
- Place glass under your wine dispenser of choice.
- Choose a taster, small or standard measurement (25ml, 125ml, 175ml)
- Drink yummy wine.
- Repeat steps 1-7 until your card is empty then go to step 9.
- Top up card and repeat steps 1-7 or go for a drunken food shop (and buy everything because now you have some serious munchies!).
- Go home, you can’t actually live here…
You can also order food to compliment your wines, such as a cheese platter. The staff will happily help you choose the best wine for your nibbles too.
This is the ideal place to unwind post-work and pre-bar or home with a few of your colleagues or friends. The store closes at 10pm Monday – Saturday.
I have developed a strong penchant for a good glass of wine these days but I’m still not at the point where I will buy a bottle at £50, however, here you can at least give it a taste.
If you have never visited the Kensington Whole Foods, I highly recommend it. This store also boasts an amazing cheese store (conveniently next to the huge wine section). In-between the cheese and wine section is the spirits section where you will find a vast collection from all around the world, some you will never have heard of.
If you are a massive foodie and partial to a drink or two, make the time to visit, I guarantee you will feel like you did the first time your mum took you to Toys R Us…if only I could somehow be locked in overnight…